Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sad news today..

Unfortunately I am posting today with some very sad and unexpected news. I checked on Bunny last night and only was able to find 9 of her pups (4females 5males). I took her and the pups out and rustled around the bedding and there I find in different spots 3 of her pups, dead. It seems like Bunny may have misplaced them when she was going in and out of her nest and forgetting to put them back in and they ended up dieing. We are all very sad here at Sweet Whispers as we were looking so forward to her litter.

I will be keeping a very close eye on her and her pups. If I see her misplacing pups I will then go ahead and put a heating pad underneath part of the cage on low heat. Just enough that if a pup does get misplaced it will stay warm enough and give either Bunny or I the time to find and put the pup back in the nest.

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to email me.